Thursday, March 6, 2014

A New Journey


We are all animal lovers here at our home...always have been, always will be!  It's been a way of life for me and I guess I passed that on to our children ( the husband needed a little coaching to see the light:).  Our daughter and son-in-law in Chicago have Henri, and we have Tipper and Baxter. 


 Henri                                                                                 Baxter & Tipper


 Tipper came to us via our son who lives in Mattoon IL.  He lives alone and thought a dog would make  life as a bachelor better.  Tipper was a stray that his friend came across and she was starving, very thin and about 4 months old.  Bryce gave being a dog dad a valiant effort but when you work full time and are on the road all day long, it's tough to raise a puppy.  Soooooo,  Tipper ended up living with my husband and I.  She's a delightful dog who loves life.  When we walk her, people always stop us and want to visit with Tipper.  She just has a way about her that puts people at ease.  So she and I have begun a new journey.  We are going to dog school to get her Good Canine Citizen certificate and then hopefully on to become a Therapy dog visiting local nursing homes and hospitals.  The training is going to take making lots of treats to keep her engaged in learning and not wanting to feed her treats with ingredients I couldn't even pronounce, I decided to make my own training treats. A quick search on the internet and I came across this recipe

 Salmon Crack Dog Training Treats - only three ingredients and easy to make!! After a few adjustments to the recipe, my dogs are drooling to have Salmon Crack Training Treats and happily work to get them.

                        
                                      Close your eyes and get ready for a big surprise!!!!










 When you cut your training treats, you can choose the size that works best for your pooch.  Smaller is better because you will be giving your dog a lot of treats during training.  These treats are soft and easy to carry in a bag in your pocket and really get my dog engaged in listening to commands so she can have another Salmon treat!  Try it out and let me know how your dog enjoys them.

No comments:

Post a Comment